The Japanese artist Takashi Murakami combines highly refined classical Japanese painting techniques with distinctive Pop sensibilities. Known for his “Superflat” style, directly influenced by manga and anime, the artist creates works that explode with color and playfulness. For the 2015–16 ski season, in collaboration with Aspen Skiing Company, Murakami has produced four unique images, all of which embody his trademark visual aesthetic.
Artists in the Making is an eight-week program that offers middle school students in Aspen and Basalt the opportunity to develop specialized skills driven by self-innovation. Community experts who visit select sessions and mentor students work in tandem with an AAM Educator to create a uniquely tailored experience that concludes with a celebratory showcase for friends and family. Spring theme: Design Thinking
Contemporaries are immersed in today’s global art scene, with unique opportunities to experience an insider’s view of the museum and interact with contemporary art, artists, and fellow art enthusiasts and burgeoning collectors.
Your generosity as a Contemporaries member advances the AAM’s mission to present the newest, most important evolutions in international contemporary art.
Our innovative, timely exhibitions, education and public programs, immersive activities, and community happenings actively engage audiences in thought-provoking experiences of art, culture, and society.
Contemporaries members enjoy a wide array of benefits, including invitations to private receptions, art talks, exhibition walkthroughs, and art collection viewings.
For more information on becoming a Contemporaries member, please call 970.925.8050, or visit us online at aspenartmuseum.org.
• 10% discount on purchases in the AAM Shop (restrictions may apply)
• 10% discount on all purchases at SO, the AAM’s Andrea and James Gordon Café
• Invitations to all exhibition openings
• Access to special members-only viewing hours and events
• North American Reciprocal Museum privileges—includes free admission and discounts at over seven hundred museums in North America
• Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Museum Association privileges—includes free admission and discounts to premier modern and contemporary museums in North America
All Contemporary Dual benefits, plus:
All Contemporary Leader benefits, plus:
All Contemporary Individual benefits, plus:
Tuesday–Sunday, 10 AM–6 PM
General operating support is provided by Colorado Creative Industries. CCI and its activities are made possible through an annual appropriation from the Colorado General Assembly and federal funds from the National Endowment for the Arts.